Our clients are among the top tier of domestic and international commercial real estate owners, developers, and managers. Listed below is a sampling of projects which Excel successfully completed in response to their widely varying needs.
Acquisition due diligence – Excel continues to provide responsive, flexible, and insightful acquisition due diligence services for office, industrial and retail properties. In fact, we have been involved in more than $17 billion in transactions. A few recent projects are:
- A 3.5 million square foot industrial portfolio spread across three states, with several significant national tenants and due diligence records in diverse locations.
- A 1.4 million square foot industrial portfolio with 30 tenants and 6 projects, located in a major mid-west SMSA market.
- A landmark office/retail facility in a prime east-coast CBD market, with 55 tenants, prime for re-positioning.
- Two conjoined shopping centers, comprising 385,000 sf in a “power center” configuration, located in the mid-west. The centers included complicated REA’s and complex tenant covenants and relationships.
- A single-tenant, 103,000 sf older industrial building in an in-fill southeastern market.
- An inner-city, 335,000 sf mulit-tenant industrial project with atypical configuration, well positioned for value enhancement.
- A 31,000 sf suburban medical center in Southern California, with 17 tenants.
- A 331,000 sf CBD office building in a prime southeastern market, with 36 tenants.
- A two-tenant, 340,000 sf bulk distribution building in a southeastern market.
- A well-known property fund targeted a Manhattan office building for conversion to an alternative use. Excel analyzed lease obligations management files and other information to provide economic input and identify environmental, engineering, and legal issues.
- A major population-center hospital desired to maximize the value of its land holdings. Excel provided the assessment of existing tenant leases for buy-out, termination and/or relocation in conjunction with outside counsel. Excel also facilitated the initial negotiations with relocating tenants on behalf of the hospital and the prospective purchaser of the hospital’s land, reviewed and evaluated the leases and recorded documents, and provided asset management recommendations relating to the hospital’s interest in land encumbered by a long-term ground lease.
Project assimilation– following a merger of real estate companies, one client found itself with a large new portfolio of office buildings and needed to confirm the integrity of data in its lease abstract and accounting databases. Excel provided the review and enhancement/correction of all the lease records for major CBD office buildings.
Portfolio lease review– to support the acquisition of a portfolio of 15 neighborhood shopping centers, Excel provided the review and summarization of all anchor and key leases, and a sample percentage of minor shops.
Asset Management Consulting – To assist a real estate fund in areas of its non-core business, Excel provided the ongoing oversight and review of third party asset management services for two portfolios of industrial properties with total value in excess of $350 million. We also assisted in positioning the portfolios for sale and played an important role in the sale process.
Property Management – Excel provided key management personnel to direct and oversee a major regional industrial portfolio during a period of management transition.
Lost Revenue Recapture – A major office fund asked Excel to review over 350 leases and other complex operating contracts in a 600,000 sf technology project, and to investigate whether its management systems were capturing all potential revenue. Excel successfully identified significant lost revenue and was able to provide recommendations for improved operations. Excel also reviewed an associated parking management operation and identified significant revenue slippage.